Making The Leap is a well-established social mobility charity committed to helping young people realise their full potential. We have helped thousands of disadvantaged young Londoners into jobs, supported talented young people into the career of their dreams and have built pioneering training programmes to raise the aspirations of pupils in some of London’s toughest schools.
We are now seeking a friendly and hard-working person to join the organisation as a Careers Coach. Working as part of the Delivery team, you will be an important pillar of our young people’s journey, delivering our unique training programme to young adults and also working with them on a one-to-one basis at the end of the training.
Location – Kensal Green, London
• To be part of a team to run Making The Leap’s employment and social mobility projects
• Deliver Making The Leap’s aspirational careers training course to young people from diverse backgrounds
• Ensure that all young people receive essential one-to-one information and guidance, and career support to match their individual needs
• To facilitate customised training sessions
• To ensure that paper and computer records are effectively created, updated and maintained
• Provide progress/monitoring reports to Line Manager as requested
• To deliver Making The Leap programmes in secondary schools across London to prepare students for the world of work, as and when required
• Ability to work with young people both one-to-one and in groups
• Ability to adopt different facilitation techniques
• Ability to manage large groups of young people in a workshop capacity
• Strong negotiation skills
• Bright, hard-working with the ability to communicate well in both written and verbal form
• Good listening skills and ability to empathise with young people
• Self-motivated, energetic and able to use own initiative and enthusiasm to get the job done
• Professional approach to all tasks, flexible and self-demanding of excellence
• Excellent personal organisational skills
• At least five years successful work experience
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
Nest Pension Scheme: 8% contribution (5% non-contributory)
If you wish to be considered, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position to Paola Contessi @ firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note: Any application that does not include a covering letter will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.